[kaffe] Re: NetBSD/68k as problems

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Wed May 12 18:53:04 PDT 2004

Hi,

As Riccardo mentioned in the original message (http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2004-March/045336.html),
NetBSD/68k was broken for long time. And I started to investigate the reason.

The first (and most obvious) reason is the engine involved. Its default
is to try using jit3 (because this config has 'jit3-md.h') but this
engine has not been tested so long. Whenever I tried, I explicitly
specify '--with-engine={intrp,jit}'. This is the thing I forgot
when I tried to configure last time.

Of course, I don't say this is the ONLY problem current NetBSD/68k
port has :-)

Kiyo
P.S. Deleting 'jit3-md.h' is not a good solution, I hope someone (me?)
     may find fix for the jit3 engine in the near future...