[kaffe] signal problems ? thread trouble ?

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Sat Nov 13 06:16:29 PST 2004

Hey,

I was compiling class library using INTRP, KJC on NetBSD/ppc.

I hat to stop the process for a bit, I needed cpu and ram, so I hit ctrl-
when I put it in the foreground again, it run for a bit and then stopped.
It might be a coincidence of course and could have happened anyway...

it stopped here
[ parsed javax/swing/event/PopupMenuListener.java in 747 ms ]
[ parsed javax/swing/event/SwingPropertyChangeSupport.java in 5,904 ms ]
[ parsed javax/swing/event/TableColumnModelEvent.java in 1,080 ms ]
[ parsed javax/swing/event/TableColumnModelListener.java in 699 ms ]
[ parsed javax/swing/event/TableModelEvent.java in 2,164 ms ]

and top says me:
 5222 multix    18    0   128M  106M sigwait  109:38  0.00%  0.00%
<kaffe-bin>

I attached to the running process and did a trace:
[Switching to Thread 0]
nbsd_thread_fetch_registers: td_map_id2thr: process callback error

A program is being debugged already.  Kill it? (y or n) n

and I couldn't get a trace

(gdb) bt
#0  0x419da50c in ?? () from /usr/lib/libc.so.12
Error accessing memory address 0x447ffce0: Operation not permitted.

at my next gdb attempt the program was killed

-R