[kaffe] darwin6 success!!!

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Wed Nov 24 09:34:42 PST 2004

Riccardo wrote:
> darwin6 success !!
>
> hey all, I increased stacksize form 500K to 900k on darwin6 with
> pthreads and interpreter and KJC churned out all our class library!!!
>
> it is BIIIIGG. compile times is several hours, G3 used to take 1.5 hours
> once :) and "once" was just a few months ago. SO either kaffe slowed
> down 1:2 or...
>
> -Riccardo

Great ! :) I expect that the increase of the java library is a major
cause of the big slow down. Another possibility was the last bugfix
extensions I've made to kjc (but it was long ago during the summer).
These were required but may generate a lot of CPU eating. ;) We'll deal
with performance once we are sure to have hunt down all major bugs.

Cheers,

Guilhem.