[kaffe] Re: darwin6 success!!!

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Thu Nov 25 13:08:55 PST 2004

In <20041124151743244+0100 at news.gmane.org> Riccardo  wrote:
> darwin6 success !!
>
> hey all, I increased stacksize form 500K to 900k on darwin6 with
> pthreads and interpreter and KJC churned out all our class library!!!
>
> it is BIIIIGG. compile times is several hours, G3 used to take 1.5
> hours  once :) and "once" was just a few months ago. SO either kaffe
> slowed  down 1:2 or...

Using the same build the next days I typed "make check", most
regressions failed. Even helloworld !
Hello World!
Timeout - 300 seconds - killed

all end with the timeout.

Noz, the last time darwin build jthread for example, it did not suffer
from this. This is  a G3 machine, so either Kaffe is unbelievable slow
or we have some other kind of trouble.

The fact that KJC was able to build _The whole_ class library makes me
think that it is mostly working...

-R