[kaffe] What is the recommended way of testing/configuring Kaffe?

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 10:26:28 PST 2004

Hi,

I have been testing Kaffe with jikes instead of kjc since kjc seems to
have problems on some platforms.  On Darwin  occasionally the
rebuildlib.sh does not finish, or the JVM itself does not work
darwin-jit3.  When I do this I get 15 of 144 test fail.  But when I
run the same process with kjc all tests pass.  This is why I report
more errors when other people are saying it is working fine.

So, when configuring and testing Kaffe is it recommended to use Jikes
or kjc during the build process?  Should we use one for building and
one for testing?

Using the CVS HEAD today with the same configuration on SuSE 9.1 x86,
I get 0 or 15 errors.

./configure
make JAVAC=jikes check -> 15 of 144 errors
make check -> 0 of 144 errors

Michael