[kaffe] Now officially supporting Kaffe for ostermiller utils libraries

Stephen Ostermiller 1010kaffe at ostermiller.com
Sun Oct 3 06:20:23 PDT 2004

As of this morning I released a version of my libraries that are
compatible with Kaffe.  For details please see:

http://ostermiller.org/utils/
http://ostermiller.org/utils/download.html

At some point the ExcelCSV portion of the libraries was tested with
Kaffe and compatibility was posted at:
http://ostermiller.org/utils/download.html
as:
ExcelCSVPrinter, ExcelCSVParser
Utilities for Excel Comma Separated Values.
See this post by Ito Kazumitsu for more information.

If this could be updated, that would be great.

There were a few things that I could not get to work with Kaffe and
these have been removed from the Kaffe version (I compiled and ran with
1.1.4):
1) Generics - I couldn't get generics to compile even with the -generics
command line option to the compiler
2) Swing - I removed a few classes that depended on Swing classes such
as JDialog, JApplet, and JFrame.
3) I got the following exception when trying to run the unit test for
the Circular Buffers:
java.io.IOException: Interrupted system call
   at java.io.FileDescriptor.nativeAvailable (FileDescriptor.java)
   at java.io.FileDescriptor.available (FileDescriptor.java:307)
   at java.io.FileInputStream.available (FileInputStream.java:159)
   at java.io.FilterInputStream.available (FilterInputStream.java:129)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.available
(BufferedInputStream.java:150)
   at com.Ostermiller.util.CircularBufferTests.<init>
(CircularBufferTests.java:110)
   at com.Ostermiller.util.CircularBufferTests.main
(CircularBufferTests.java:93)
I don't get a similar exception with any of Sun's run time environments
that I have tested (1.3, 1.4, or 1.5)

Stephen