[kaffe] RE: JamVM on ARM (XScale)

Woloszynski, Charles Charles.woloszynski at innocon.com
Mon Oct 11 05:44:45 PDT 2004

I have heard that floating point emulation in the kernel is *much*
slower than replacing the code with calls to a floating point library.
I thought I saw someone talking about a floating point package that they
used to avoid the kernel traps to get improved performance.

I am trying to decide bewtween Kaffe and JamVM for our next Xscale
processor project.  Any feedback on why to use over the other?

Charlie

Charlie Woloszynski
Innovative Concepts Inc.
703-893-2007 x506