[kaffe] JamVM on ARM (XScale)

Robert Lougher rob.lougher at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:27:18 PDT 2004

Hi,

If anybody is interested I've hacked the calling-convention for ARM on
JamVM to assume soft-fp.  Note, this is a pure guess, as I don't have
access to an ARM machine until the weekend!

Thanks,

Rob.

P.S.  The attached files go into src/arm...

P.P.S.  For anybody who's interested in BE machines, I believe doubles
are "pure-big-endian", unlike on LE ARMs (each word is BE, but the
words are in LE order).  Copying the class_md.h file from src/powerpc
to src/arm MAY work, if my guess is again correct.  I can test some of
this on the weekend, but not before :(