[kaffe] Re: ARM: unable to load .class files - Help required

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Oct 12 04:21:53 PDT 2004

Quaritsch Markus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a colleague of Winkler Thomas.

Hallo Markus,

> ,----
> | root at IXDP425:/mnt/quaritsch# java -cp CTest.jar CTest
> | Trying to call c-function...
> | int: 1234
> | long: 1074450732
> `----
>
> So I asume that there might be something wrong related to JNI. But
> I didn't manage to find the correct place to start debugging the jni.
> Could you please provide me some guidance where to start? Which jni
> functions are involved   when doing the call shown above?

You could check out
http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~sanseri/kaffe/k2.html#Section%203.1 for an older
(but still pretty much intact, afaict) overview of how things break
down, assuming you're debugging the arm jit.

In that case, I'd recommend getting the (slow but useful for debugging
ports) interpreter to work fine first, using --with-engine=intrp in
configure. See http://egp.free.fr/oldsite/port-kaffe/port-kaffe-0.2.html
for Edouard's notes on his alpha port.