[kaffe] varous netbsd ppc errors

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun Oct 24 12:39:03 PDT 2004

Riccardo wrote:
> Hey,
> after pthread compilation fails, I have tried jthreads. Using KJC I get
> the following:

Ciao Riccardo,

thanks for the bug report.

> [ parsed javax/swing/undo/CannotRedoException.java in 286 ms ]
> [ parsed javax/swing/undo/CannotUndoException.java in 236 ms ]
> [ parsed javax/swing/undo/CompoundEdit.java in 2,452 ms ]
> [ parsed javax/swing/undo/StateEdit.java in 1,740 ms ]
> [ parsed javax/swing/undo/StateEditable.java in 453 ms ]
> Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
> Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
> java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/InterruptedException
>         at java.lang.Runtime.exitJavaCleanup(Runtime.java:97)
>         at java.lang.System.exitJavaCleanup(System.java:144)
> /rebuildLib: line 60: 13516 Abort trap              (core dumped)
> $JAVAC $VERBOSE $JAVAC_FLAGS -d $LIBDIR $CPATH ${1+"$@"}
> gmake[3]: *** [lib/stamp] Error 134
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/home/multix/kaffe-cvs/netbsd-intrp-jthread/
> libraries/javalib'

The class exists in Klasses.jar.bootstrap, so it's some other bug. You
could dig into warnings you get in kaffevm directory, and see if you can
fix some of them.

> so I compiled using Jikes.
>
> The I run make check (with kjc of course) and it fails nevertheless:
>
> gmake[5]: Entering directory `/home/multix/kaffe-cvs/netbsd-intrp-
> jthread/test/regression/compile_time'
> assertion "gcFunctions[fidx].description != NULL && size != 0" failed:
> file "../../../../kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/kaffe-gc/gc-incremental.c", line
> 1036, function "gcMalloc"
> gmake[5]: *** [ClassToInterface.class] Abort trap (core dumped)
> gmake[5]: Leaving directory `/home/multix/kaffe-cvs/netbsd-intrp-jthread/
> test/regression/compile_time'

You could start by splitting that assertion into two subsequent ones,
which would give you a clearer idea what failed. Patch welcome, as usual ;)