[kaffe] Bug Report with 04/09/05 CVS under Debian Sarge with QT support

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Sep 6 14:18:10 PDT 2004

Laszlo 'GCS' Boszormenyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have just checked out kaffe, and noticed it needs QT since the last
> stable release. On Debian GNU/Linux it can not be configured as the
> script looks for qglobal.h, but as '$QTDIR/include/qglobal.h' (configure
> line #53226). But Debian has qglobal.h under qt3, qte2 and qte3 so it
> can not find qt no matter what someone set with the '--with-qtdir'.

Hi Laszlo,

thank you very much for your bug report. I've updated our Qt autoconf
machinery to autoqt 0.03, which has autodetection for common Qt
installation directories. I've explicitely added /usr/share/qt and
/usr/share/qt3 to the set of searched directories and that worked on my
sarge box.

As a small step to simplify the setup for new users, I've disabled the
building of Qt and Xlib based peerless AWT backends by default. And a
final small note, you will currently need to build the class library
using the jikes java compiler, and pass --with-jikes accordingly to the
configure script.

Have a pleasant build,