[kaffe] Re: Darwin/x86 134 of 144 tests Failed

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 08:30:56 PDT 2004

After trying different values for the TIMEOUT, I have found that the
300 second is partly to blame for the running out of resources on OS
X.  Apparently the regression tests spin off a bunch of
processes/threads that time out after 300 seconds.  This eventually
leads to the resources depletion.  Lowering this value to 10 allows me
to run the regression tests to completion (a larger number might also
work).

Is 300 seconds a resonable value?

Obviously changing the timeout will not fix the problem, but at least
it won't run out of resource or take hours to run test that are going
to fail.