[kaffe] Re: Darwin/x86 134 of 144 tests Failed

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 13:06:19 PDT 2004

Kiyo,

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 01:25:28 +0900 (JST), Kiyo Inaba
<inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> > Is 300 seconds a resonable value?
> No.
>
> But, I don't agree to set this value shorter. There are several
> resaons,
>
> 1) It does not solve your problem at all.
> 2) Poperpc and Pentium are not the only CPU available.
> etc, etc.
>
> Of course ideal solution is to set this value based on the cpu
> performance, but I have no clear idea how to do that...

What are your ideas for this?

> And, at the very end, please consider 'Kaffe is not only for
> your CPU architecture or OS' when you post :-)
I didn't mean to imply that PowerPC and x86 are the only CPUs, it just
happens to be the only ones I use and currently the 300 seconds seem
too long.

What exactly is the timeout of 300 for?

> Kiyo
> P.S. If we have to change this value, I have to propose longer
>      rather than shorter.
I guess if I know what it was really for, I might agree,

Michael