[kaffe] solaris results

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Sep 15 15:16:02 PDT 2004

Riccardo wrote:
> Hey,

Ciao Riccardo,

thanks for testing Kaffe's CVS on your sparc-solaris box. Which engine,
threads subsystem and gc did you use?

> 4 failures is not so bad? also apart from the typical network interface
> problem they point all to the same timeouts.
> And being this a dual HyperSparc I think that it is not a "timeout" due
> to insufficient CPU speed but really a problem.

the NetworkInterface problem should be solveable by finding a getifaddrs
-like wrapper for whatever solaris uses to allow the enumerion of IPv6
addresses. I'm sure that others have attacked this problem before. Maybe
you could ask how other projects (like gnustep) do it.

The timeout may have something to do with the bug in the gc that Noa
found today.