[kaffe] ksem interface & MAIN_MD

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Wed Sep 29 09:22:12 PDT 2004

Alexander Boettcher wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Alexander,

> somehow the test for THREAD_SYSTEM_HAS_KSEM in ksem.c was lost during
> the last months. It's neccessary if an port provides its own ksem
> semaphore implementation. At the moment you get double defined
> functions. Additional, is it possible to move the declaration of the
> ksem* functions into the ifdef of THREAD_SYSTEM_HAS_KSEM in ksem.h ? So,
> it is possible to declare also inline ksem functions, if the ksem
> implementation of the functions is small. Please, look at the diff, it
> does not affect unix-pthreads or unix-jthreads, but is necessary for
> ports with its own ksem implementation.

Thanks. I will apply it.

> Another question,
> in the Changelog entry 2004-06-15 is described that the call to
> INIT_MD was removed from the kaffe/kaffe/main.c file. But in fact, the
> call to MAIN_MD was removed. Can we reintroduce it ? Because it's
> necessary for the oskit (it uses INIT_MD and MAIN_MD in different
> manner) and for our port. MAIN_MD was/is useful if you have to initialize
> some things before Kaffe becomes running.

Yes. I've forgotten to reply to this question (which was maybe already
asked by you ?). I would like to keep INIT_MD in jni so that the
invocation API will always work on all platforms. However MAIN_MD is a
specific macro needed by the main program to handle arguments so it
should go in kaffe/main.c. I'll try to disentangle the two macros so we
can use them independently.

Cheers,

Guilhem Lavaux.