[kaffe] Kaffe 1.1.5 "Development" Release available for download

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Sun Apr 17 14:30:46 PDT 2005

Michael Franz wrote:
> On 4/5/05, Jim Pick <jim at kaffe.org> wrote:
>
>>I've made the 1.1.5 release of Kaffe available for download at:
>>
>>   ftp://ftp.kaffe.org/pub/kaffe/v1.1.x-development/kaffe-1.1.5.tar.gz
>>   http://www.kaffe.org/ftp/pub/kaffe/v1.1.x-development/kaffe-1.1.5.tar.gz
>>
>>This is the next in the 1.1.x series of development releases.
>>
>>It has been tested, but not as thoroughly as a
>>production release would be.
>

> What testing in performed on the production releases that are not
> performed on the development release?

We don't currently have a full QA test suite rigged up that a build must
pass before we do a release.  I think that's something we should put
together before we do a production release.

The development releases do get quite a bit of testing (compile testing
on various platforms, mauve, gump, etc.) but it's done in a distributed
matter by various individuals in the projects.

Cheers,

  - Jim