[kaffe] CVS kaffe (guilhem): Fix to be able to use ECJ instead of JIKES.

Wolfgang Baer WBaer at gmx.de
Mon Dec 5 05:58:11 PST 2005

Hi Guilhem,

Kaffe CVS wrote:
> PatchSet 6980
> Date: 2005/12/03 12:54:16
> Author: guilhem
> Branch: HEAD
> Tag: (none)
> Log:
> Fix to be able to use ECJ instead of JIKES.
>
> 	* configure.ac: Added a new option "--with-ecj" to be able
> 	to compile with ecj. Reworked the java compiler detection.

This makes compilation with ecj easier for packagers - thanks.

I just tried it, the normal kaffe compilation succeeds. However the
testsuite still doesn't compile with ecj so we don't get testresults.
Attached the testresult part of the build log.

The other big problem from the distribution point of view (we want to
switch away from jikes) is the already mentioned problem that you
cannot use ecj to compile java sources with kaffe currently.

compile:
     [javac] Compiling 1 source file
     [javac] ----------
     [javac] 1. ERROR in /home/wbaer/kaffe_ecj_test/Test.java
     [javac]  (at line 1)
     [javac]
     [javac] public class Test {
     [javac]     ^
     [javac] The type java.lang.Object cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
referenced from required .class files
     [javac] 1 problem (1 error)

But I don't know if this patch also was meant to fix this.

Thanks,
Wolfgang