[kaffe] CVS kaffe (guilhem): Fix to be able to use ECJ instead of JIKES.

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Mon Dec 5 10:42:59 PST 2005

Hi Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Baer wrote:
> Hi Guilhem,
>
> Kaffe CVS wrote:
>
>> PatchSet 6980 Date: 2005/12/03 12:54:16
>> Author: guilhem
>> Branch: HEAD
>> Tag: (none) Log:
>> Fix to be able to use ECJ instead of JIKES.
>>
>>     * configure.ac: Added a new option "--with-ecj" to be able
>>     to compile with ecj. Reworked the java compiler detection.
>

> This makes compilation with ecj easier for packagers - thanks.
>
> I just tried it, the normal kaffe compilation succeeds. However the
> testsuite still doesn't compile with ecj so we don't get testresults.
> Attached the testresult part of the build log.
>
> The other big problem from the distribution point of view (we want to
> switch away from jikes) is the already mentioned problem that you
> cannot use ecj to compile java sources with kaffe currently.

Yes. It is an issue I am going to solve soon (today or tomorrow). It's a
  problem of compatibility vs jdk's files and directories. I have to
change some defaults and see if it improves this.

Concerning the other problem with regression tests it is partly ecj's
fault. It doesn't accept classpaths beginning with ':', though it may
accept them inside the classpath. I mean:

* CLASSPATH=:somejar:somedirectory is illegal for ecj
* CLASSPATH=somejar::somedirectory is legal for ecj

I will see if I can circumvent this bug.

Regards,

Guilhem.