[kaffe] CVS kaffe (guilhem): Fix to be able to use ECJ instead of JIKES.

Wolfgang Baer WBaer at gmx.de
Mon Dec 5 12:53:20 PST 2005

Hi Guilhem,

Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Wolfgang Baer wrote:
[...]
>> I just tried it, the normal kaffe compilation succeeds. However the
>> testsuite still doesn't compile with ecj so we don't get testresults.
>> Attached the testresult part of the build log.
>>
>> The other big problem from the distribution point of view (we want to
>> switch away from jikes) is the already mentioned problem that you
>> cannot use ecj to compile java sources with kaffe currently.
>>

> Yes. It is an issue I am going to solve soon (today or tomorrow). It's a
>  problem of compatibility vs jdk's files and directories. I have to
> change some defaults and see if it improves this.

Thanks, however that was not a request for hurry. I just track cvs weekly
with my packaging to see if something gets solved or broken. And after this
patch with ecj in the name I gave it a try :-)

> Concerning the other problem with regression tests it is partly ecj's
> fault. It doesn't accept classpaths beginning with ':', though it may
> accept them inside the classpath. I mean:
>
> * CLASSPATH=:somejar:somedirectory is illegal for ecj
> * CLASSPATH=somejar::somedirectory is legal for ecj
>
> I will see if I can circumvent this bug.

Thats is really needed - otherwise we wouldn't be able anymore to run
the testsuite on all debian architectures during build time. And therefore
not to provide this feedback back to kaffe ...

Thanks,
Wolfgang