[kaffe] libraries/javalib/external/classpath/doc/*.info files are missing

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Wed Dec 7 03:55:04 PST 2005

Hi Kaz,

>The building of recent CVS version fails with the following message.

You met same problem as I faced (and reported titled 'build failure for
nb1.6') several days ago.

>| However, all GNU distributions should come with prebuilt info files,
>| thus makeinfo should not be needed.  If you notice a distribution
>| that does not come with *.info files, please report it as a bug.
>
>Since Kaffe's CVS tree is not a GNU distribution, *.info files
>being missing may not be a bug.  But I think there sould be
>some comment on the required texinfo version.

I have not checked the contents of this documentation, but my feeling
is (even if Kaffe is not part of GNU distribution) this should be a
bug :-)

If noone has objection to put prebuilt *.info file into CVS, I will
do that in this weekend.

BTW, Kaz, what is the build environment for this. Since it is ok with
linux-2.4.18 based redhat (maybe RH7.2?).

Kiyo