[kaffe] Re: Using Free JVM implementations

Rogério Brito rbrito at ime.usp.br
Sun Dec 25 11:59:43 PST 2005

Hi, michael.

On Dec 25 2005, michael wrote:

> > > On the other hand, and this is my main point here, have you tried using
> > > one of the Free JVM implementations that are already packaged in Debian?
> > >
> > > Some good starting points would be to try kaffe, sablevm or gij.
>
> Unfort with kaffe I get the following error:

I am sure that the kaffe developers would be pleased to know what
exactly doesn't work with their implementation.

BTW, have you tried to use any other JVM for comparison purposes? It
would be good to know.

> 15:27:32 ~/src$ kaffe -jar JabRef-1.8.1.jar
> kaffe-bin: /build/buildd/kaffe-1.1.6/build-tree/kaffe-1.1.6/kaffe/kaffevm/support.c:351: lookupClassMethod: Assertion `cls != ((void *)0)' failed.
> Aborted

I'm leaving this in the message and including the proper mailing lists
in the Cc: field of this message, to raise awareness about this problem.

Regards, Rogério.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito at ime.usp.br : http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito
Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/