[kaffe] Re: Using Free JVM implementations

Eric Lavarde - Debian deb at zorglub.s.bawue.de
Mon Dec 26 01:33:25 PST 2005

Hi,

>> Unfort with kaffe I get the following error:
>
> I am sure that the kaffe developers would be pleased to know what
> exactly doesn't work with their implementation.
>
> BTW, have you tried to use any other JVM for comparison purposes? It
> would be good to know.
>
>> 15:27:32 ~/src$ kaffe -jar JabRef-1.8.1.jar
>> kaffe-bin:
>> /build/buildd/kaffe-1.1.6/build-tree/kaffe-1.1.6/kaffe/kaffevm/support.c:351:
>> lookupClassMethod: Assertion `cls != ((void *)0)' failed.
>> Aborted

It's a known issue with the current version of Kaffe [1], to be solved (I
understand) with the next version.
BTW, you can check the already reported bugs against any package using
http://bugs.debian.org/<packagename> (e.g. http://bugs.debian.org/kaffe).

Hope this helps, happy christmas,
Eric

Eric de France, d'Allemagne et de Navarre