[kaffe] DArwin6 JIT3

Timothy Stack stack at cs.utah.edu
Sun Feb 20 07:29:10 PST 2005

On Feb 20, 2005, at 5:21 AM, Dalibor Topic wrote:

As for why stuff doesn't work, have you guys tried reverting my last
changes to
sysdepCallMethod and the ppc trampoline?  I probably screwed it up wrt
darwin
when I was getting linux to work.

> Now I just need to figure out which switch to toggle on to see the
> generated code :)

I almost always look at gcc's disassembly of it.  So you want to:

   # put a breakpoint on the jitter and start the test
   (gdb) break translate
   (gdb) run
   # let the jitter run
   (gdb) finish
   # load the xdebugging symbols
   (gdb) xdb
   # disassemble the native code.
   (gdb) disas meth.ncode    # or whatever the structure is nowadays

It doesn't always work quite right unfortunately, but it should get you
pretty far.

> cheers,
> dalibor topic

tim