[kaffe] build no-awt no-sound

Nektarios K. Papadopoulos npapadop at inaccessnetworks.com
Thu Jan 27 04:03:32 PST 2005

Hi,

I am building kaffe from latest CVS. I want no awt and no sound (my
target is an embedded system).
So my configure options are:
CC=arm-linux-gcc NM=arm-linux-nm AR=arm-linux-ar ./configure \
	--build=i686-linux \
	--disable-alsatest \
	--disable-debug \
	--disable-esdtest \
	--disable-feedback \
	--disable-gcj \
	--disable-gjdoc \
	--disable-native-awt \
	--disable-xdebugging \
	--disable-xmltest \
	--disable-xprofiling \
	--disable-xslttest \
	--enable-pure-java-math \
	--host=arm-linux \
	--prefix=/tmp/kaffe-arm \
	--with-class-library-profile=allbutawt.profile \
	--with-engine=intrp \
	--with-extensions=comm \
	--with-includes=/opt/xdvl/arm-linux-zlib/1.1.4/include/ \
	--with-jikes \
	--with-libraries=/opt/xdvl/arm-linux-zlib/1.1.4/lib/ \
	--without-alsa \
	--disable-native-awt \
	--without-classpath-gtk-awt \
	--without-esd \
	--without-gmp \
	--without-profiling \
	--without-stats  \

All are fine except that I have to manually edit both:
- include/Makefile
- libraries/clib/Makefile
in order to have a succesfull build. They refernce some gtk, awt and
sound related files and directories. The offending lines can be seen on
the attached diffs.
Unfortunately I am not at all comfortable messging with .am files so I
can't provide proper patches :-( Sorry !

I have on more (not so important) problem I am facing lately (I can't be
positive about when it first appeared). I use the option:
--with-class-library-profile=allbutawt.profile

...and allbutawt.profile is a text file located at libraries/javalib
listing the classes I want to be included in rt.jar. But the build
system seems to ignore me, and ALL classes are compiled and included in
rt.jar. Even though during make I read:
mkdir lib
if test "allbutawt.profile" = default; then \
         /bin/sh ./rebuildLib @all.files; \
else \
         /bin/sh ./rebuildLib @allbutawt.profile; \
fi
Compiling classes from  @allbutawt.profile  using  jikes
+Pno-switchcheck +Pno-shadow +E -d
/home/u2/npapadop/build/kaffe-temp/libraries/javalib/lib

BTW:
jikes version is 1.22
autoconf version is 2.59
automake version is 1.8.4

and I do configure and make on a directory different from the one kaffe
sources are located (if this should be of concern).

Thanks for listening

P.S. This configuration used to work until about a month ago (perhaps
the class library profile stoped working earlier).

---
nek