[kaffe] libjvm

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 17:55:36 PDT 2005

On 7/12/05, Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org> wrote:
> Anecdotal evidence from Debian and other distributions suggests that
> Kaffe is compatible enough with Sun's VM to run a growing number of
> current applications, but it also needs quite a bit of work in some
> areas of the class library, like swing. If you are interested in helping
> out on that, check out the GNU classpath project at www.classpath.org.
> (snip)

Dalibor, I think Enrico was specifically asking for Sun's libjvm.so, not
compatibility of class libraries in general. Kaffe provides libkaffevm.so
which should be compatible for public JNI functions. I think there are
some projects choosing between libjvm.so and libkaffevm.so at configure
time to support both... That might work for pljava of PostgreSQL?

Seo Sanghyeon