[kaffe] Problem to find a JVM for eCos

Danny daniel at fh-konstanz.de
Tue Jun 21 07:40:54 PDT 2005

Hallo together!

I have following problem:

I have an ARM Industrial Module AIM 711 with following features:

ARM7 50 MHz 32 Bit RISC CPU

8 MB SDRAM, 2 MB Flash, RTC

I have installed “eCos” as Operating System on this target board as Embedded
System.  Now, I have to install a Java Virtual Machine for eCos. This JVM is
necessary, because i want to work with an OSGI Framework.

My problem: I have searched for several JVM, which are suitable for eCos,
but the most JVM for embedded Systems are for other Operating Systems, like
Linux . Does anybody know. If a JVM for eCos exists?. When yes, could you
tell me, where I can get the source code. When there isn´t any JVM for eCos,
what I have to modify of the source code of a JVM (for. Example the “Kaffe
Virtual Machine”). Is it necessary to modify some parts of the source code
or does anybody know an easier solution.

Thank you so much for your answers.