[kaffe] Re: Build fail for nb1.6

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Mar 31 06:21:13 PST 2005

Am Mittwoch, den 30.03.2005, 12:59 +0900 schrieb Kiyo Inaba:
> I wrote:
> >I am hesitate to report again this problem, since we are now going to
> >release 1.1.5 soon.

Thanks for keeping us updated on NetBSD status, Kiyo!

> This was fixed in the recent versions with the ChangeLog head
>
> #2005-03-27  Gerrit P. Haase <gp at familiehaase.de>
> #
> #        * include/jsyscall.h: Whitespace cleanups.

Good news!

> Regression test results for three engines are

I've switched us over to just -Wall to be able to more easily spot
important warnings from the compiler. I hope that will be of help to fix
the problems.

> I am now using jikes-1.18 for nb1.6 because jikes-1.21 has compilation problem
> on this platform. I will check this in detail later. (I mean, after I finish to
> check whether latest works fine for m68k-linux, m68k-netbsd and sh3-linux)

Thanks! I've managed to build jikes-1.22 on darwin5 by removing an
unused include statement (ichar.h, I think) in one of the files. You may
have come accross a similar problem.

> One more issue I have to do should be to update FAQ.cross-compiling for jikes ;-)

Thanks a lot for taking care about good documentation! I'd say let's
release on Sunday then, with an RC tonight or tomorrow.