[kaffe] Re: Build fail for nb1.6

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Tue Mar 29 19:59:18 PST 2005

I wrote:
>I am hesitate to report again this problem, since we are now going to
>release 1.1.5 soon.

This was fixed in the recent versions with the ChangeLog head

#2005-03-27  Gerrit P. Haase <gp at familiehaase.de>
#
#        * include/jsyscall.h: Whitespace cleanups.

Regression test results for three engines are

1) jit3
================================
9 of 147 tests failed
Please report to kaffe at kaffe.org
================================
FAIL: DoublePrint.java
FAIL: TestSerialVersions.java
FAIL: TestSerialPersistent.java
FAIL: TestSerialFields.java
FAIL: LoaderTest.java
FAIL: InterfaceSuperClass.java
FAIL: ImplementClass.java
FAIL: FieldErrors.java
FAIL: MethodErrors.java
(last four errors are caused by jikes compilation problem, and not kaffe itself)

2) jit
================================
11 of 147 tests failed
Please report to kaffe at kaffe.org
================================
FAIL: DoublePrint.java
FAIL: TestSerialVersions.java
FAIL: TestSerialPersistent.java
FAIL: TestSerialFields.java
FAIL: CharCvt.java
FAIL: UDPTest.java
FAIL: BadClassVersion.java
FAIL: InterfaceSuperClass.java
FAIL: ImplementClass.java
FAIL: FieldErrors.java
FAIL: MethodErrors.java
(last four errors are caused by jikes compilation problem, and not kaffe itself)

3) intrp
================================
8 of 147 tests failed
Please report to kaffe at kaffe.org
================================
FAIL: DoublePrint.java
FAIL: TestSerialVersions.java
FAIL: TestSerialPersistent.java
FAIL: TestSerialFields.java
FAIL: InterfaceSuperClass.java
FAIL: ImplementClass.java
FAIL: FieldErrors.java
FAIL: MethodErrors.java
(last four errors are caused by jikes compilation problem, and not kaffe itself)

I am now using jikes-1.18 for nb1.6 because jikes-1.21 has compilation problem
on this platform. I will check this in detail later. (I mean, after I finish to
check whether latest works fine for m68k-linux, m68k-netbsd and sh3-linux)

One more issue I have to do should be to update FAQ.cross-compiling for jikes ;-)

Kiyo