[kaffe] Curious Java Developer

Landon Blake lblake at KSNINC.COM
Tue May 10 11:14:23 PDT 2005

I have been developing with Java for about 2 years. I have very recently begun to experiment with Linux as an OS, and that got me curious about open source implementations of JVM's. Kaffe seems to be one of the best supported and active of these. I had just a few beginner questions that I didn't see answered in the FAQ's on the website.

(1) What is the best way to get started developing Java programs that are compatible with Kaffe's JVM?

(2) Are the Swing classes supported? If not, what is the best way to build GUIs for java applications running in Kaffe?

(3) Where do I learn more about virtual machines and how they work?

Thanks,

The Sunburned Surveyor