[kaffe] initial frame position

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Fri Nov 11 13:14:27 PST 2005

Gianluca Moro wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I'm running kagge with a graphical output
> directly on X, without any window manager.
>
> I see that all the applicatio I start are placed in (0,0)
> (upper lefr corner of the screen) while starting
> my java application under kaffe it is placed in a bit
> on the left, and below the upper screen (about (5,30)).

I think that you are using kaffe-x-awt AWT ? Then there is an heuristic
algorithm to detect the size of the decoration which is applied to a
frame. In the case there is no WM maybe it is wrong. However it is
possible to disengage the heuristic by removing the property
EXTERNAL_DECO in libraries/clib/awt/X/tlk.c:tlkProperties().

Could you try this ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Guilhem.