[kaffe] initial frame position

Gianluca Moro giangiammy at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 02:48:06 PST 2005

hi all,

I'm running kagge with a graphical output
directly on X, without any window manager.

I see that all the applicatio I start are placed in (0,0)
(upper lefr corner of the screen) while starting
my java application under kaffe it is placed in a bit
on the left, and below the upper screen (about (5,30)).

I imagine this is some default setted in kaffe or in the
java interface: is there an option to force
the position in (0,0), osmething analogous to
give -geometry +0+0?

(My test:

#
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so:/usr/lib/libpng.so:/usr/lib/libz.so:/usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so
 /usr/local/kaffe/bin/kaffe -geometry +0+0 -Dkaffe.awt.nativelib=xawt
-Xbootclasspath/p:/usr/local/kaffe/kaffeawt.jar Jnoti

gives:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: +0+0 not found in
java.lang.ClassLoader$1{urls=[file:/etc/init.d/./], parent=null}

thanks
giammy