[kaffe] DevJam reports

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Sat Oct 1 04:37:06 PDT 2005

Hi all,

The GNU Classpath distro DevJam was a great success. It seems we brought
some harmony into the hearts and minds of the different distributions
(Ubuntu, SkoleLinux, Debian, Fedora, Suse, Gentoo, OpenEmbedded) that
participated. And being able to talk and debug some issues with several
of the upstream projects involved (GNU Classpath, kaffe, gcj, Cacao) was
definitely inspirational and productive.

Here is a list of other summaries and notes of the meeting:

- SkoleLinux summaries and pictures:
http://skolelinux.de/wiki/FreeJava/Meeting050923
- OpenEmbedded ARM TODO list:
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/rwagner/pyblosxom.cgi/computers/freejava/gcj-on-arm.html
- GCJ maintainer/Fedora impressions by Andrew Haley:
http://www.advogato.org/person/aph/diary.html?start=0
- Gentoo DevJam braindump by Petteri Räty (plus presentation)
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.java/598
http://dev.gentoo.org/~betelgeuse/show.pdf
- DevJam Arrival and Schedule/Discussion notes:
http://gnu.wildebeest.org/diary/index.php?p=116
- Debian Project leader notes:
http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/~branden/blog/exuberance/Debian/destination_oldenburg.html
- LWN article about the meeting that is currently being published for
subscribers (please support LWN it is a great magazine):
http://lwn.net/Articles/153450/
Next week it will be free for all.

(Please send me, or the devjam mailing-list, updates and additions.)

On request of several of the participants I have setup a mailing-list so
people can keep in touch and coordinate cross-distro/packaging/project
things.
If you are interested please send an email to
devjam-subscribe at developer.classpath.org
The mailing-list has a public archive accessible through: