[kaffe] Problem with Strings/Xml Parsing while trying to run an embedded Jetty

Rafael Teixeira monoman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 06:28:01 PDT 2005

Thanks Ito, for your attention.

I think that to make things clearer I need to post here my configure
parameters to be able to pinpoint why my three compilations of Kaffe
(1.1.5, 1.1.6 and cvs HEAD) exhibit this strange behaviour.

./configure --disable-debug --disable-xprofiling --disable-xdebugging
--disable-feedback --without-profiling --without-stats --disable-gcj
--enable-pure-java-math --disable-native-awt
--without-classpath-gtk-awt --without-alsa --without-esd
--with-extensions=servlet --host=i686-linux --build=i686-linux
--target=i686-linux  --prefix=/home/rafael/vm-x86/usr
ac_cv_c_char_unsigned=yes

Is there something I should be looking for at config.log to see why
these compilations on Fedora Core 3, doesn't work right?

Thanks for any info,

On 10/15/05, Ito Kazumitsu <kaz at maczuka.gcd.org> wrote:
> From: Rafael Teixeira <monoman at gmail.com>
> Subject: [kaffe] Problem with Strings/Xml Parsing while trying to run an embedded Jetty
> Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:56:10 -0300
>
> > Anyway the EclipseOnJDK5-compiled code have problem with accented
> > letters when printing them to the console only in kaffe:
>
> > usr/bin/kaffe -jar ../../../java/inteligenciafiscal/inteligenciafiscal.jar
> > Software B\uffffsico do M\uffffdulo Fiscal de Seguran
> > Vers\uffffo: 01.00.00
>
> Would you please show the source code printing this text?
> I do not see why kaffe cannot print Europian characters
> while it can print Japanese characters correctly.
>
> > Also when Jetty is trying to read the configuration xmls, DTD aren't
> > being correctly loaded in the sax validator:
> >
> > INFO: Version Jetty/5.1.x
> >
> > org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type 'web-app' was not declared
>
> Would you please show the configuration file?  I am running Jetty 5.1.4
> with kaffe without problem.

Rafael "Monoman" Teixeira