[kaffe] Problem with Strings/Xml Parsing while trying to run an embedded Jetty

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Mon Oct 17 07:35:57 PDT 2005

Hi,

From: Rafael Teixeira <monoman at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:28:01 -0200

> I think that to make things clearer I need to post here my configure
> parameters to be able to pinpoint why my three compilations of Kaffe
> (1.1.5, 1.1.6 and cvs HEAD) exhibit this strange behaviour.

> Is there something I should be looking for at config.log to see why
> these compilations on Fedora Core 3, doesn't work right?

I do not think seeing the configure parameters and config.log helps
so much in this case.

> On 10/15/05, Ito Kazumitsu <kaz at maczuka.gcd.org> wrote:
> > > usr/bin/kaffe -jar ../../../java/inteligenciafiscal/inteligenciafiscal.jar
> > > Software B\uffffsico do M\uffffdulo Fiscal de Seguran
> > > Vers\uffffo: 01.00.00
> >
> > Would you please show the source code printing this text?

Seeing the source code which prints "Software B\uffffsico do M\uffffdulo
Fiscal de Seguran" will help.

> > > Also when Jetty is trying to read the configuration xmls, DTD aren't
> > > being correctly loaded in the sax validator:
> > >
> > > INFO: Version Jetty/5.1.x
> > >
> > > org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type 'web-app' was not declared
> >
> > Would you please show the configuration file?  I am running Jetty 5.1.4
> > with kaffe without problem.

The configuration file here is the Jetty configuration file.
The DTD for Jetty configuration file:

   "-//Mort Bay Consulting//DTD Configure 1.2//EN"
   "dtd/configure_1_2.dtd"

does not define an element named 'web-app', so you cannot put
a web-app element in it.