[kaffe] scaled image efficiency

Gianluca Moro giangiammy at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 06:13:15 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm testing Kaffe 1.1.6 on a MIPS processor (AU1100, 400MHz)
and I noted the image refresh is very slow: 10-20 seconds to
draw the image whenever I move another window over it!

I traced the code, and I see that the time is wasted in
initScaledImage function in file
libraries/clib/awt/X/img.c, fundamentally in the rescaling code.
(if I draw the image without scaling it the timing is very good)

Anyone found such a problem? is it correct that initScaleImage
is called whenever the image comes to foreground? is there
a way to optimize the scaling, or not to call initScaleImage
so frequently?

The 10-20 seconds pause is not acceptable in the final program :-(

thanks

giammy