[kaffe] kaffe and javax

Gianluca Moro giangiammy at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 03:33:01 PDT 2005

Hi, I made some tests ...

--- Gianluca Moro <giangiammy at yahoo.com> ha scritto:

> Hi all,
>
> running some demos on my kaffe port (kaffe 1.1.6, compiled
> for mips machine, using Tiny-X), I testet successfully
> some programs using awt, now, I have a demo using swing,
> and the program fails as it do not find
> javax/swing/JComponent.setDropTarget!
>
> When I run it with:

It seems to me that the requested function are implemented in
libraries/javalib/java/awt/

which is part of GNU classpath, while I'm using the implementation
from libraries/javalib/awt-implementations/kaffe/java/awt/,

So the question is: to have the supoprt for swing, do I need
to use GNU classpath: the problem is that, from what I understand,
if I remove
--without-classpath-gtk-awt
from configuration, I will need GTK, which is not present
in my system: so to use swing, do I need to install GTK?

thanks
giammy

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so:/usr/lib/libpng.so:/usr/lib/libz.so:/usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so