[kaffe] Awt - missing paint invocation

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Sep 29 08:36:52 PDT 2005

Gianluca Moro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing a simple program with kaffe-1.1.5:
> it draws some lines, and on PC it works correctly:
> on my porting on MIPS machine, it do not show
> anything: from what I have seen, the function
> paint is not called: does anyone have an idea
> where to check to verify why the function paint
> is not called? (even if I add a label it is not
> shown: it seems that everything in the frame is
> not shown!)

if you are using the jit, there is -verbosecall to see all function
invocations. if you are using the interpreter, then you can build kaffe
with --enable-debug and use various different vm debugging output
options to control the data you are interested in seing from the
interpreter engine. Finally, if you are interested to see whether a
native method is being called, you can set a break point on the funciton
in gdb, if you run kaffe with KAFFE_DEBUG=gdb ev var set.