[kaffe] cross-compiling for mips-linux

王刚 ctrlest at mail.nwpu.edu.cn
Tue Apr 4 19:47:12 PDT 2006

ÔÚÄúµÄÀ´ÐÅÖÐÔø¾­Ìáµ½:
>From: Jesper Larsen <jla at iotech.dk>
>To: 王刚 <ctrlest at mail.nwpu.edu.cn>
>Subject: Re: [kaffe] cross-compiling for mips-linux
>Date:Tue, 04 Apr 2006 15:59:59 +0200
>
>Íõ¸Õ wrote:
>
> >Hi, everyon>
> >I am trying to cross compile the Kaffe, with the target as mips+linux, on
t>i686+linux.>
> >I used the command "CC=mipsel-linux-gcc NM=mipsel-linux-nm
AR=mipsel-linux->/configure --host=mips-linux --build=i686-linux
--disable-native-aw>--with-kaffe-qt-awt --with-qtdir=/root/qte-3.1.0 " to do the
configure task. He>/root/qte-3.1.0 is my qt-embedded library path.>
> >In this way, I got the following problem while configuring:>checking for
XTestQueryExtension in -lXtst... n>configure: error: libXtst NOT found, required
for GdkRobot
>>configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for
>>libraries/javalib/external/classpat>
> >I read the maillist archive and find that someone has met this problem before.
The
>>suggestion given is to add the option "--disable-native-awt>
> >It seems that I have add the"--disable-native-awt" option with no use. I've
che>the FAQ.awt and FAQ.cross-compiling and the maillist archives. I am puzzled
wit>what to do next>
> >your help will be highly appriciate>
>>

> Have you tried configuring with
>--without-x?
>

> --
>Kind regards
> Jesper Larse

I tried the option you give to me. with another option "--disable-gtk-peer", it
works well, and I'v passed the configure step since I write this letter. I should
say thank you very much. but I still have some questions.

With curiosity, I recheck the FAQ.awt, FAQ.cross-compiling and the
configure-help's content, finding no "--without-x" option in these documents.
Could you tell me why?

Another question is I thought I've use the --disable-native-awt option which means
the native-awt, x-awt as default, will not be configured. But the fact seems that
this option can't work well. Could you explain the reason to me??

Thanks for your help again and look forward to your letter back.

By the way, my kaffe version is 1.1.7

Best regards,

Benjamin