[kaffe] Kaffe with Simputer

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Jan 9 10:51:26 PST 2006

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Moniphal Say wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I'm a newbie to Kaffe, actually I'm trying to find a  JVM for running on
>>Simputer. I've found Kaffe which is quite interesting.
>>Is Kaffe works well on simputer?
>>

> It has apparently been ported to the simputer, but as the port has not
> been merged in into Kaffe.org's version yet, you'll have to ask the
> authors of the port. Afaict, a development kit is available from
> ncoretech.com.
>
> See ncoretech's press release from 22nd june 2000 for details.

One more thing ... the simputer appears to be an using an arm CPU, and
running on linux, so you may be able to run either Kaffe, JamVM, gcj, or
SableVM on it. I've heard that people had some success running JamVM on
arm-linux devices, so if Kaffe does not work, and you are not interested
in debugging it, I'd suggest looking at jamvm.sf.net for an alternative.
Fixes for Kaffe are appreciated, too :)