[kaffe] Debian Bug summary

Wolfgang Baer WBaer at gmx.de
Mon Jan 9 11:46:29 PST 2006

Hi all,

this is an overview of the open bugs of the debian kaffe package
which are not yet identified as fixed by me. Comments and of course
fixes for these bugs are welcome :-)

Wolfgang

kaffe: Error when directory containing the class has special characters

kaffe: LANG environement variable doesn't set default charset

In this one you (Dalibor) say a fix will be checked into kaffe. Has
this been fixed already so I can close this bug with the next upload ?

FastTreeMap.fullCollection.version1.obj ObjectInputStream error

This one is kaffe specific - it works (after Michaels fixes upstream)
with jamvm but still fails with kaffe with:

$ kaffe -cp .:/usr/share/java/commons-collections.jar TestReadExternalFormFromDisk

java.io.InvalidClassException: class
org.apache.commons.collections.FastTreeMap: Local class not compatible: stream
serialVersionUID=8694543788950117671, local serialVersionUID=3247026550555952763
    at java.lang.VMThrowable.fillInStackTrace (VMThrowable.java:native)
    at java.lang.VMThrowable.fillInStackTrace (VMThrowable.java:79)
    at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace (Throwable.java:498)
    at java.lang.Throwable.<init> (Throwable.java:159)
    at java.lang.Exception.<init> (Exception.java:78)
    at java.io.IOException.<init> (IOException.java:72)
    at java.io.ObjectStreamException.<init> (ObjectStreamException.java:72)
    at java.io.InvalidClassException.<init> (InvalidClassException.java:80)
    at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.setClass (ObjectStreamClass.java:312)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDescriptor (ObjectInputStream.java:554)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.parseContent (ObjectInputStream.java:265)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject (ObjectInputStream.java:142)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.parseContent (ObjectInputStream.java:312)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject (ObjectInputStream.java:142)
    at TestReadExternalFormFromDisk.main (TestReadExternalFormFromDisk.java:12)

JVMPI Bugs:

kaffe shows error during jmp shutdown on ppc

#344327: jmp: hello world fails, cairo-surface.c:658:
_cairo_surface_release_dest_image: Assertion `!surface->finished' failed.