[kaffe] 1.1.7-rc1

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sat Jan 14 19:49:19 PST 2006

Hi team,

I've tagged and uploaded a release candidate for 1.1.7. The tarball
is available at

  http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/kaffe-1.1.7-rc1.tar.gz

Please give it a try on the platforms you're intertested in,
and report back how well it works, or doesn't for you.

There have been numerous changes at the build system, caused by
the much improved integration with GNU Classpath, and further
merging in of tools from gcc. I'd expect something to blow up
somewhere, and I hope we'll be able to fix any build problems
that may occurr.

I've still got the debian bugs reported by Wolfgang to check out,
and I hope we'll get some of them squished before the release. I'd
tentatively put the release on next Saturday, 21st, which gives us
another week to fix the major blunders remaining on this release
candidate, assuming there are any, of course. :)

happy testing,