[kaffe] 1.1.7-rc1

Wolfgang Baer WBaer at gmx.de
Sun Jan 15 05:21:35 PST 2006

Hi,

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I've tagged and uploaded a release candidate for 1.1.7. The tarball
> is available at
>
>   http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/kaffe-1.1.7-rc1.tar.gz

Debian package is ready for upload (builds now with the configure
patch of my previously mail).

> Please give it a try on the platforms you're intertested in,
> and report back how well it works, or doesn't for you.

Linux ursus 2.6.14 #1 PREEMPT Tue Nov 1 12:05:33 CET 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

SecurityMan2 fails on both jthreads/pthreads with the message below:

$ cat build/pthreads/test/regression/SecurityMan2.fail
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/security/Permission
    at SecurityMan2$MySM.checkPermission (SecurityMan2.java:17)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkCreateClassLoader (SecurityManager.java:394)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.<init> (ClassLoader.java:276)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.<init> (ClassLoader.java:254)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.<init> (SecureClassLoader.java:61)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.<init> (URLClassLoader.java:605)
    at SecurityMan2.main (SecurityMan2.java:29)

As this test was just recently committed by Guilhem I cannot say
if it worked at some time :-)

> There have been numerous changes at the build system, caused by
> the much improved integration with GNU Classpath, and further
> merging in of tools from gcc. I'd expect something to blow up
> somewhere, and I hope we'll be able to fix any build problems
> that may occurr.

No problems found except the ecj configuration problem with classpath
which should be fixed "upstream".

> I've still got the debian bugs reported by Wolfgang to check out,
> and I hope we'll get some of them squished before the release. I'd

Fine, if you need help or futher information contact me :-)

Wolfgang