[kaffe] Win CE port

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Jan 18 17:44:48 PST 2006

Philippe Laporte wrote:
> Hi,
>    Has anyone got some WinCE porting experiences to share?

Salut Philippe, Hallo Rainer,

Personally, I've got Kaffe's CVS HEAD from a few weeks ago to build and
run under Cygwin, though I had some problems in the interpreter when I
worked on it a few weeks ago. See FAQ.Win32 in CVS head for details how
to configure it and to get it build.

> The link at http://www.rainer-keuchel.de/wince/kaffe.html, I'm not sure
> how good it is. CElib does not appear to be supported much...

I've CC:ed Rainer, he may be able to say more about its current status.

> What library did you use to achieve POSIX compatibility? What toolchain?

I've loooked around on the web a bit, and there is a pocketgcc toolchain
that uses newlib in Debian. [1] It's fro arm-wince-pe, though, so you'd
have to find another one if you have a MIPS or SuperH device.

[1] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/pocketpc-gcc