[kaffe] Problems with Kaffe on ARM

Mike Drozdick mikey66 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 25 16:13:06 PDT 2006

Hi.

I'm trying to build kaffe for an ARM target, which evidently people have
managed to do already...

I have managed to get the builds (local and cross-compilation) to run
successfully.

On the target, however, kaffe-bin doesn't run properly -- it just hangs
until Ctrl-C. It won't even print its help screen.

I'm using kaffe 1.1.7 and arm-linux-gcc-3.4.3...

I've read through the FAQs and tried the various suggestions there.

Does anyone have experience with a successful ARM port of kaffe? I'd be very
interested to hear about what env variables, tools, and platforms you used.

Thanks
-Mike