[kaffe] Re: NSAPI/ OJI/ Applet plugin

Philippe Laporte philippe.laporte at gatespacetelematics.com
Mon Mar 6 04:15:03 PST 2006

Hej,
      The need for a generic JNI plugin did occur to me after looking at
the Kaffe plugin code...

Some preliminary questions:

- Why is the security not finished? No one seriously using this plugin
yet? Why not?

- Why non-gnu? Why not migrate to the classpath tree?

- How many browser to Java APIs are there all in all and what's their
stories?

There is a good chance I will need a fully functional open-source OJI
plugin sometime soon.

Thanks a lot,

Philippe Laporte
Software