[kaffe] Building Kaffe!

vlad vlad666 at web.de
Tue Oct 31 01:22:08 PST 2006

Hey Guilhem,

Yes, of course!

On closer look into the
"libraries/javalib/external/classpath/lib/Makefile.*" dir I've found
something like:
"JAVAC = $(JIKES) $(JIKESWARNINGS) +F $(JIKESENCODING) -bootclasspath ''
-extdirs '' -sourcepath '' --classpath $(compile_classpath) -d . @classes"
Further the 'compile-classes' target uses this $(JAVAC) to compile.
Since JIKES was not set to any value in my Makefile (because I did not
have installed it), the $(JAVAC) value exactly matched the stupid
command-line which led to my error while making kaffe.
Finally I also supposed, that installing jikes would remedy ;-) !

Now Kaffe compiles completely, and I can investigate the code.

Thank you for your help!!!

Best Regards,

Vladimir