[kaffe] Building for new platform

Tony Wyatt wyattaw at optushome.com.au
Mon Feb 12 15:27:30 PST 2007

Hi all,

It seems I've been down this road many years ago with M68K on the old AmigaOS.
Well, now I'm at it again using the new PPC AmigaOS, so here come all the
damn fool questions again.

Trying to build 1.1.7, I found when I tried to Make that the classpath branch
had not been configured. So I went into classpath and tried to configure it.
It fell over because it says that it can't find javac and that I
should use jikes or some other compiler. I told it to use jikes but of
course I don't have jikes for the PPC Amiga so that isn't going anywhere.

Now I'm in the position that I can't compile Kaffe without classpath and I
can't compile classpath without a java compiler and I can't ... you get the
idea.

Have I missed something or do I have to build up a Linux system to bootstrap
myself onto the Amiga?

cheers