[kaffe] make check fails...

Blake Meike bmeike at d2tech.com
Mon Jan 29 09:56:45 PST 2007

I see that this question was asked before, with no response.  I hope
that, perhaps there is new info available.

Kaffe builds for me, on 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP/ i686, but doesn't pass
checks or run even this simplest programs.  The Ubuntu deb installs and
runs some stuff, so it seems it *is* possible to get this to work.

Here is an attempt to run "make check" followed by an attempt to run a
trivial "HelloWorld" program.  Any suggestions for how to get this dog
to hunt would be greatly appreciated.

Blake Meike

Method Constant Pool:
Translating java/lang/VMThrowable.<init>()V (normal) 0x8175ae8
soft_fixup_trampoline(): return 0x8175ae8
soft_fixup_trampoline(): meth 0x8160e00, where 0x8160e14, native code
0x8160e14
c:      pushl ebp
c:      movl esp,ebp
c:      subl #?,esp
c:      pushl edi
c:      pushl esi
c:      pushl ebx
12:     pushl 8(ebp)
17:     call ?
1d:     addl 4,esp
22:     jmpl L2
L2:
23:     popl ebx
23:     popl esi
23:     popl edi
23:     movl ebp,esp
23:     popl ebp
24:     ret
Method Constant Pool:
soft_fixup_trampoline(): return 0x817a120
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/Throwable
/bin/bash: line 4: 32446 Aborted                 (core dumped) env
TEST_CLASSES="ConstMethods.class ConstMathMethods.class
ParameterizedMethods.class Parameter
izedMathMethods.class ParameterizedLogicalMethods.class
ParameterizedBitwiseMethods.class ControlFlowMethods.class
StaticMethodCall.class TypeConversion.class
StaticFields.class PrimitiveArrays.class ObjectFields.class
MethodOptimizations.class NativeMethodCall.class Exceptions.class
VirtualMethod.class" `. ../../BUI
LD_ENVIRONMENT; BOOTCLASSPATH=.:\${BOOTCLASSPATH}; export BOOTCLASSPATH;
sed 's/.*export \(.*\)/echo \1=$\1/' < ../../BUILD_ENVIRONMENT | sh`
${dir}$tst
FAIL: jitBasic

local>kaffe Props
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/ExceptionInInitializerError
caused by java/lang/NullPointerException:
    at gnu.classpath.SystemProperties.getProperty
(SystemProperties.java:123)
    at java.lang.VMClassLoader.<clinit> (VMClassLoader.java:83)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader$StaticData.<clinit> (ClassLoader.java:154)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader (ClassLoader.java:797)
    at gnu.classpath.VMSystemProperties.postInit
(VMSystemProperties.java:native)
    at gnu.classpath.SystemProperties.<clinit> (SystemProperties.java:114)
    at java.lang.Runtime.<init> (Runtime.java:100)
    at java.lang.Runtime.<clinit> (Runtime.java:88)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary (System.java:560)
    at gnu.java.nio.channels.FileChannelImpl.<clinit>
(FileChannelImpl.java:86)
    at java.io.FileDescriptor.<clinit> (FileDescriptor.java:63)
    at java.lang.VMSystem.makeStandardInputStream (VMSystem.java:191)
    at java.lang.System.<clinit> (System.java:74)
    at java.lang.Object.hashCode (Object.java:174)
    at java.util.Hashtable.hash (Hashtable.java:816)
    at java.util.Hashtable.put (Hashtable.java:426)
    at java.security.Permissions.add (Permissions.java:112)
Abort (core dumped)