libz dependency (was: [kaffe] Regression test fail)

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Sun Jul 1 10:39:51 PDT 2007

Kiyo Inaba wrote:
>Dalibor Topic wrote:
>>Yes, now that we depend on it, we should make sure it's there in
>>configure. Thanks, I'll check in a patch.
>Oops, I misunderstand the name of the library. I have 'libz' installed.
>One possibility is the (os) installed version is 1.1.4. Is this version
>to old?

Verified.
When I have libz.so.1.1.4 and link this to libz.so, the regression fails.
But when I have libz.so.1.2.3, the regression passes. This in only tested
on i386/linux and later I will check several other environments.

I am not sure which is the oldest version which is ok for kaffe.

Dalibor, could you please add some code to check the version of libz?

Kiyo