[kaffe] Anyone working on ARM VFP + EABI support ?

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Thu Jul 5 23:12:23 PDT 2007

Ronald,

Ronald Sloot wrote:
>We're trying to add VFP and EABI support to the Kaffe jit engine for
>ARM. If anyone else is doing that already, let us know so that we can
>share our findings.

It is very welcome to have VFP or EABI support for the Kaffe. For the
last several month, I started to check with which configuration the
arm port works. And for the time being, I am fully suspicious of
the hardfloat portion of arm port is workable. My previous patch
(http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2007-July/105002.html) fixes
the duplicate register allocations for floating point registers.
Without having this fix, JIT tries to spill out floating point
numbers to integer registers, since 'r0' and 'f0' has same Kaffe
internal register number. Even with this patch, I could not make
Kaffe work with hard float, but jitting goes much more than before.

Kiyo
P.S. Oops, I forgot to answer for your original question. AFAIK, there
 are no one actively tackle VFP or EABI support for Kaffe.